Monday, September 5, 2011

Summer is like the ultimate one-night stand... hot as hell, totally thrilling, and gone before you know it.

This week it's back to school, the new season of TV starts soon, and summer is all but over. However, I have one last summer post for you!  One last slew of pictures that embrace the essence of summer fun.  And it just so happens that the subjects are some of my favorite people in the world.  It is rare that my 3 nieces and 3 nephews get to enjoy each other's company, seeing that they live 6.5 hours away from each other.  A few weeks ago they got to do just that, and enjoyed those last few hot summer days together.  


Words cannot express how much I love these faces (even the grumpy one to the left)


It was the perfect day for some good old fashioned tomfoolery and fun!

What a beauty she is!

No afternoon is complete without a little pout.

What a good older cousin, helping out!

Getting into the pool proved to be a little more difficult for some!

Sometimes you just need a good pick...

She just exudes pure beauty and happiness! So lovely.
Such uninhibited joy!

Such candid beauty - inside and out.

Boys will be boys - and such handsome ones at that!

A little love for Sutton!

Typical Boy - Love the hair!

A little contemplation break!

Such proud grandparents - and why shouldn't they be, look at that crew!

I am not only lucky enough to have one family who mean the world to me. I also have a second family that is made up of some of my oldest and dearest friends, who I would be equally lost without.  Sometimes I forget how blessed I am to be surrounded by so many people who I love!  This weekend, I got together with my second family for one last, end of the summer BBQ.

Enjoying some hot dogs, salad and fruit!

This one loves herself some fruit!

A serious cutie. Doesn't get much more adorable then this little dude.

Hiding out from Daddy in the clubhouse. 

A sneaky one - Peek!

Follow the leader!

Love these faces!

Who needs rain? Dora is just as fun in the sun!

"By all these lovely tokens
September days are here
With summer's best of weather
And autumn's best of cheer."

No comments:

Post a Comment