Friday, September 23, 2011

Other things may change us; But we start and end with family.

Last Saturday I had the opportunity to take a few family photos of some people pretty close to my heart.  My sister was in town for the weekend with her family and we decided to plan a photo shoot.  You see, I'm working on honing my skills and building my portfolio of work by offering my services to friends, family, and acquaintances at free of charge.  The only condition is that I can blog some of the results.  So, basically it's a win/win situation.  I get to practice shooting different situations/people in a low stress atmosphere and they, hopefully, get to take home some nice shots at no charge!

This is one of my favorite shots from the day! 

One of the most important goals of the day was to get some close ups of each kid. I think we managed to do that, and pretty successfully!


Group pictures tended to be a bit more difficult to manage, especially when we added Murphy into the mix

This little one was ready to go, right off the bat and didn't hesitate to start posing.

And she was off again - to find her next pose!

We have a future stud on our hands.  
I may be biased, but I'm definitely not wrong.

It was a little more difficult to capture this beauty, but I was more than pleased with the outcome!
Innocence defined. 

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return"

A quiet moment with Mom and her girls
A daughter is a day brighter and a heart warmer.

Perfect form! 

I was lucky to get to have this house guest for the weekend.  He is such a great boy!

Someone was so obsessed with her new shoes & she was so excited that I took this shot!

This was towards the end of the day - I think the kids had just about had it!

One of my favorite shots - such a calm moment!

Family faces are magic mirrors.  Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present & future.

"Our family is a circle of strength and love
With every birth and every union the circle grows
Every joy shared adds more love
Every crisis faced together
makes the circle grow stronger."

No comments:

Post a Comment