Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Manhattan Square Park


Manhattan Square Park in downtown Rochester was the destination of our second field trip. Like Mt. Hope, I started out this field trip struggling with what I was going to shoot.  It's not the prettiest park, and it's not in the best area of town, but it did have some possibility.  As I started shooting, I developed a rhythm and was able to find some unique angles and shots that ultimately I was pleased with. 
This is one of my favorites of the day.  I decided to play with the white balance settings on my camera and take some shots in the shade.

I feel that this picture presents sort of a mystery that draws you in - but in reality if I zoomed out a bit you would see that it actually locks a garbage can to a pole.

I like how the focus of this shot is on the leaves and while the lamp post is a prominent part of this picture it is slightly blurred in the background.
I thought this was unique perspective of the row of benches.  The benches provided a nice frame for the picture (which was one of the techniques we learned in class). 



The two above pictures are of the same benches, just a few different perspectives.

It's hard to tell with this flower, but in the background is an empty liquor bottle.  I liked the juxtaposition of the two items.

This was my last picture of the day, and might be my favorite.  I was sitting on the curb, deciding what my next move would be when I looked down and decided to shoot this picture.

1 comment:

  1. Really like the last shot! It's a nice blend of urban and country, and the pattern in the metal looks nice behind the random placement of the leaves.

    ReplyDelete