Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Durand Eastman Park

Who would have thought that last Saturday, October 9th would have been a perfectly sunny day in Upstate NY?  How lucky were we to be able to take advantage of that day and try to snap some good shots down at Durand Beach?  However, even though it was a beautiful day, beautiful pictures did not come easy for me. Through my eyes, there was not much to shoot - some sand, water, a couple of leaves, and some shells.  It was not my favorite place to shoot, but I think I was able to piece together some good shots.
This is one of my favorite shots of the day.  It took me a long time to get the focus on the waves and not the tree that is in the foreground.

There were a bunch of clusters of shells on the beach - I like the way this cluster was separated from the rest and the lines in the sand created by the water.

There was a random fence stuck in the sand by the water.  Strange, but it served as a good subject.

Just a few of my favorite shots - of the million that I took of the rocks and shells in the sand.

Apparently the thing to do on a Saturday morning is taking your dogs to the beach.  I love this shot, but would love it more if I had Photoshop to erase the leash.

Another one of my favorite shots - so simple yet there is something that draws me to it.

The water was pretty choppy on Saturday - which lead to some good pictures!

3 comments:

  1. I kind of like the leash in your dog pic... It provides a boundary for his energy (haha, assuming it's a male dog), while the other dog is releasing control in the situation. I think you caught a good moment there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dog pic and the shell pics, I like simplicity when it comes to photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the first picture. I like how the waves are in focus and the leaves are not. Very Good! Love, Molly

    ReplyDelete